What the test
Cholesterol is the leading cause of heart disease. High blood cholesterol is a major risk factor for coronary heart disease and stroke since it builds up in the walls of arteries causing atherosclerosis. High cholesterol typically does not cause any symptoms, this is the reason why it is important for all people to know their cholesterol levels.
Routine lipid profiling ensures that patients are aware of their cholesterol levels and cardiovascular risk.
Health&Beauty by Brown's has packaged a number of diagnostic tests to assess your health status and cardiac risk.
The diagnostic tests measure;
• Total cholesterol (Total amount of cholesterol in blood)
• Triglycerides (Represent the body’s ability to clear fat from the blood after a meal)
• HDL (The good cholesterol- it moves cholesterol out of your arteries)
• LDL (The bad cholesterol – it raises the risk for coronary heart disease)
• Non-HDL (The sum of all the bad cholesterols)
• Chol/HDL (Assesses the patient’s risk for coronary heart disease and stroke)
• Blood glucose
• Blood pressure
• Body Mass Index
The primary focus of the cholesterol clinic is to reduce cardiac risk by providing support to patients with raised blood fats to reach their cholesterol goals. Immediate test results will allow the pharmacist to provide professional advice together with a recipe book prepared by expert dieticians providing the patients with diet and nutritional support.
Available at all Brown’s Pharmacies by appointment.